8/1/10

Please say this is rock bottom....

That way the only way to go is up. Still no hits on the job front, everyday I apply and everyday there's no answer, is there anybody out there? I will be getting my last unemployment checks this month and if a job doesn't come soon we maybe looking at being homeless. Just to clarifly thanks to my family not on the streets homeless, but rather not having our own dwelling homeless. I've never felt so terrified or helpless than I do right now. Sometimes I even try to think up wacky inventions that you know someone out there will want, you know like the Snuggy, when you think about it, it's really just a longer backwards robe but it has made it's creator millions. Maybe I should stand outside with the day laborers, I could paint, or drill, I may not be able to lift what the guys can, but I'm desperate. It's funny I never really did look down on the homeless, in my mind I knew lots of them were people who were once right where I am now, but I have to say I have a whole new respect for these people, because this kick down is bad enough I can't imagine truly having nowhere to go but the street or a tent. It's absolutely terrifying. What is a person to do? I'm at the point now where if I was to have an interview I may not be able to stop myself from begging for the job. What's most sad to me is the fact that like many others, I'm an honest, smart, decent, trustworthy, clean, hard working person, I just can't seem to catch a break. So for any of you out there who ever think the jobless or the homeless are just lazy think again, because I'm here to tell you- I want to work so bad I'd do anything short of slit my throat to land a job as I'm sure would many others. I'm just glad I don't have children, but there are many out there who do and I truly feel for them. I know this must all sound like a sob story or me feeling sorry for myself, but really it's just the thoughts that pass through my mind. In my heart of hearts I feel like things will get better sooner or later I'm just really hoping and trying for the sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment